Monday, August 17, 2009

And There Will Be 8 More Months To Go

Sighhh...


The sickness has been started. Oh.. I really can't stand it.. and I have to endure it for another.. 8 more months? God, I wish not.


It started with a very bad fever on Friday the first week of August. I suddenly felt dizzy at 9 am when I was discussing things with my big boss. After lunch, I started to feel uncomfortable and when I was boarding the train, I knew the fever has hit me. I was so hot I can feel my cheeks and eyes are burning. My hubby was out of town, so I got no choice but to pick up my car and drive back home. It was scary really, cos I got to drive when I know I can pass out anytime.


But I managed to arrive safely, pick up the kids, play their favourite VCD and give them their bottle of milk and snacks before I fell unconsciously on my bed. I had earlier informed my hubby that I got fever and luckily he was on his way home from JB as I had mentioned to him that Shasha has her Sports Day on Saturday and I need to buy her sport shoes as she doesn't have any.


When hubby arrived at about 9.40 pm, I was sleeping. Of course before that I have to bear with my kids playing on my bed as they were wondering what have got into me as I can barely move and speak to them. Hubby asked me whether I wanted to go to clinic but I refused to as I had already swallowed Panadol and I didn't have the energy to get up, let alone walking to the clinic. So, hubby went out with the kids to find Shasha's sports shoes. Pity my kids, they haven't eaten dinner as I really couldn't do anything. My head was so heavy and I don't have the energy to get up.


On Saturday, I let the hubby and kids went to the Sports Day while I sleep in the car after went to clinic. I know it will be contagious if I joined them. Anyway, I really don't have the energy. I just want to rest. And because of that, I didn't get to watch Michael Jackson on tv. On Sunday, I felt slightly better but still very low in energy.


On Monday, I managed to come for work but then applied for MC as I started to get breathing difficulty. It was really scary to think if I actually got infected with H1N1. Bear in mind, I already fall into the high risk category because of the pregnancy. I prayed hard, really hard that I did not have the deadly disease. Alhamdulillah, I went ok but have to bear with flu. Last week, for the whole week I was weak and I did not have any mood to do anything. and everything. That doesn't count the times I wanted to throw up as I feel so uncomfortable in my chest (this is normal in my pregnancy term).


Today, I started to recover, feeling a bit better. I hope I can continue feel healthy for the rest of the pregnancy terms. But most importantly, I pray that my family and I will always in a good health. I really concern and worry about H1N1. Minta dijauhkan Allah...


And the fasting month is just around the corner. I hope God will give me strength to go through it. Selamat berpuasa kawan-kawan....

No comments:

Post a Comment